I-DEFENCE® is a long-lasting, lubricating ointment that delivers superior moisturizing and protection of the ocular surface. Recommended for moderate to severe chronic dry eye symptoms.
Containing 0.40% sodium hyaluronate, I-DEFENCE®’s formulation is extremely effective at providing maximum, long-lasting relief of dry eye symptoms and is well tolerated.
The unique viscous properties of I-DEFENCE® enable a prolonged contact-time with the ocular surface. This hydrating ointment provides soothing relief of dry eye symptoms, such as soreness, irritation or a gritty sensation on the eyes and acts as a barrier against moisture loss. It can be used during surgical procedures and is ideal for patients that suffer from nocturnal lagophthalmos (incomplete closure of the lids while sleeping).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Wash your hands well before you use I-DEFENCE®
- When initially opening I-DEFENCE®, do not use the first delivery of the ointment, which may be aqueous. Gently squeeze the tube until the ointment begins to come out.
- Tilt your head up slightly and pull the lower eyelid downwards, to form a pouch.
- Hold the tube vertical to your eye.
- Press the tube gently to release a small quantity of the product on your eye (preferably at night). Repeat this process for your other eye.
- If an additional daily dose is required, apply a small quantity of the ointment to your eyes every three to four hours, or according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Please ensure that the tip of the tube does not touch anything, including your eye or your fingers.
- Close the cap tightly after use.
- Use within 8 weeks (2 months) of opening the tube
I-DEFENCE® is recommended for night-time use. Upon application, you may experience a foreign body sensation that will pass after several blinks. There will be mild blurring of the vision due to the consistency of the product. If used during the day, it is recommended that you do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery until your vision clears. I-DEFENCE® is most effective when used at night while you are asleep, which allows the ointment to remain on your cornea longer.
Do not use I-DEFENCE® with contact lenses (remove lenses prior to instilling the ointment).